The list cites an entry on his blog, although his comments in the comments section are more revealing:
- "There have been a number of scientists who have lost grant money simply because they had a dissenting voice over global warming"
- "The truth is that only 3.5% of the CO2 in the atmosphere comes from human sources"
- "The warming is coincident with the rise in solar irradiance since the mid 1850s"
- "More and more climate scientists are admitting that the sun has played a major...if not the only...role in the warming that we have experienced"
- "If you look at charts of CO2 content over the past centuries, you will find there were times when the CO2 concentrations were at or above 7,000 ppm"
- Claims that "today we're at 360 ppm" co2.
- The list claims "Thompson dissented from the view of a man-made climate crisis in 2008", yet a 2006 blog entry makes it clear he didn't accept manmade global warming back then either: http://community.myfoxkc.com/blogs/wxteam4/2006/09/25/USING_SCIENCE_TO_SCARE
- The 2006 blog entry contains a link to JunkScience.com, which (conicidentally?) contains the claim that only 3.5% of co2 emissions are human caused.
- In the 2006 blog entry he says "The key to understanding what is true, and what is not…is to take time to learn as much about the subject as possible. I cannot claim to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination."